Friday, October 30, 2009
Even if we're separated, we'll still be friends.
"Once an E5ian, ALWAYS an E5ian."
I'm back.
And I've been crying.
And it's due to all the dedications I've been reading.

I don't know why, but 2E509 affected me a lot. It's like, I've grown up so much from them in the past two years, so much more than the six years of Primary School. I can't imagine how much I'll miss them.

Although we're not Sec4s and we'll still be seeing each other around, it's not going to be the same. Even during class gatherings, it won't feel the same. We won't be passing notes in class, nor making digs at new teachers anymore.

I looked at all of us smiling and laughing, chit-chatting on the buses, taking photos on the bumboats and walking around complaining about the sun, and I wondered why I ever hated this class.

It's as if I've become a different person in the past two weeks alone, when the realization of our eventual separation slowly set in. I dreaded each new day, knowing that it meant that 2E5 was coming to an end.

Although I am happy that I still have many old classmates with me next year and know that I'm very lucky already, I can't help being selfish and wonder why we can't just move up as a class and stay like that.

As I type, I'm uploading the photos from yesterday. I see the sights we saw on the bumboat rides and hear the laughter all around me. I see the bridges, I see them taking photos. I look behind at Meixuen and Madeline, and I take a mental picture of them. They're cracking lame jokes, but I laugh all the same, because it's the last day.

We laugh as we see the Merlion in its 'cage', and the Great Bearded Tree, and I tell Meixuen that I'm going to write on Facebook that that was given to the tree by her.

The waterbottle, the little baby on the boat. The sky garden, the water. Pamela laughing as she turns to the camera, Cheryl reading Rumours and Gowtham walking around. Wenxin lying on the chair and sleeping, Pamela hitting the chair (?!!). Jennifer holding the potato chips, a shadowy picture of Jennifer and Cherie. Leon standing and wrecking havoc, the class sitting down in the bus.

All these, they are our proof. The escalators and how Leon tries to block us from walking off it, the sneaked candid photos of Cynthia and Wenxin.

They are our proof that we, all 39 of us, were part of 2E5. That we once sat in the classroom together talking in the middle of lessons, copying answers, teasing each other. Cynthia's 'xiaogui', Pamela the 'ying'er', the shouts and fights, the laughter and joy. Evonne, or Evon-ny, and her 'my yoong', Jiekai and his laggy facebook, Fengxiang's 'OUTSTANDING', Leon as he shushes the crying baby on the bumboat, they are all original 2E5 works.

Although we're going to be in different classes, from 3E1 to 3E5, and with Victor going to NUS, I know that 2E5'09, the class of Swiss Cottage, is no more, but 2E5'09, the class of freaks, will live on. Each of the 39 of us are part of this class, this class of freaks.

2E5, I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Waiting for my uploads to finish. Just saw the picture of Evonne's head xD

I won't say 'goodbye', I'll say 'see you soon', cause in 2010, we'll still meet each other.

2E5, forever and always.

Well then, see you again, 2E5ians. You'll live in my heart as part of a precious chapter in my life.
Much of the sorrow and anxiety I held 10:35 AM